image description


My ex-girlfriend and I split up before our daughter was born. Now she won’t let me see my daughter and she says I have no rights because I am not on the birth certificate. But she is coming after me for support. What are my rights? Without your name on the birth certificate you don’t have a lot of rights. The proceeding through the state for child support will not give you visitation rights with your child. A family law attorney can file a Petition with the court to get a declaration that you are the child’s father and to establish your visitation rights with your child.
If you have other questions about Family Law in Missouri, or need representation on a family law matter, please contact Barbara Graham at The Law Office of Barbara Graham at 314-725-7600 or [email protected]