Law Office of Barbara Graham, LLC
Local 314-725-7600
Attorney Barbara L. Graham LEARN MORE

Some Common Divorce Questions

Do I need to get divorced in the state (or country) in which I was married? No. You actually would file a divorce in the state in which you (or your spouse) are residing at the time of filing. In Missouri you (or your spouse) need to reside in the state for 90 days prior to filing. Find a family law attorney in the state (and county) in which you reside to initiate the process for you. ·
After I file a divorce how long until I can be divorced? The State of Missouri requires that 30 days must pass after the filing of the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage before a judge can sign the Judgment and grant the divorce. In most courts in Missouri if you have an attorney your divorce can be finalized without you having to appear in court, as your attorney can file everything and then get the judge's signature on everything for you.
If you have other questions about Family Law in Missouri, or need representation on a family law matter, please contact Barbara Graham at The Law Office of Barbara Graham at 314-725-7600 or [email protected]


No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
get started
Providing experienced family law representation in an emotionally supportive environment.

Contact us for Responsive and Effective Legal Representation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy